Learning How to Livestream
It’s a bit overwhelming to get back into performing during Covid. Since playing at clubs isn’t an option right now, I’m taking a shot at livestreaming.
Typically, I’m pretty good at figuring out computer stuff, but all the pieces I need to put together are a bit daunting, and I know that technical glitches can make the process frustrating. From a little cursory research, it seems I need to get/find:
- a platform for the livestream- I’m considering Facebook and Instagram
- an audio interface – I have an older One that I hope will work
- lighting – I’m considering an inexpensive ringlight
- a mic – I likely have a good mic
- a popscreen
- a desktop mic stand
- video recorder – iPhone or iPad
- stand for iPhone or iPad
- broadcast software – OBS Studio might be a good free option
My plan is to get the basics up and running to start streaming real soon, and to just use what I already have. When I can afford it, I’ll build upon getting more and better gear as I go along.
I’ll keep you all posted. Wish me luck!